I’d love to walk quietly into the office of every new blogger, creep up behind them at their computer, (while they are all engrossed in writing their masterpiece), tap them on the shoulder, (scaring the shit out of them ‘cuz that’s what creepers do), and then ask…”Are you dreaming about becoming nominated for the Liebster Award?”
I can’t believe anyone would say, “Heck no!” You’re lying if you deny it…doesn’t everyone like to be nominated for an award? Go ahead, just admit it!
If you’re new blogging and to the Liebster Award, (like me), and had no idea what it was, you’d still say, “Heck yeah, I’ll accept the award nomination.” An award nomination is a pretty cool thing to receive!
When I first saw the award nomination on someone else’s blog last year, I sighed to myself, “Someday…maybe…oh well, just keep on writing, you’re not even close to award status.” I liked their nomination post and I congratulated the blogger for their success. After creeping a bit on their page, I left their page. Being nice and kind always comes back to you.
We, bloggers, write because we want to carve out our own little niche in the HUGE world of blogging. We show up. Every day. We’ve got that going for us, we show up, that’s what counts.
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. – Albert Einstein
This week, out of the blue, I was shocked by being noticed and nominated for the award. TWICE. Holy crap…I seriously wanted to cry. I’m just this little old blogger (…in my 50’s trying to learn the ropes of blogging) and I think it is a miracle I was ‘noticed’ for writing something interesting enough for someone to read it, let alone nominated for an award.
Vivian to Kit: “We think you got a lot of potential Kit De Luca, don’t let anybody tell you any different.” – Pretty Woman
I’m beyond excited, and so incredibly grateful to the two bloggers who nominated me. Thank you, thank you, I hope I don’t disappoint you in my responses to your questions!
What is the Liebster Award?
It’s an award in which bloggers nominate other bloggers by showing respect to their work and their dedication. It’s an appreciation and recognition for all the fellow bloggers out there in the blogosphere. Read the full rules here.
Rules for Accepting the Liebster Award:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you, including a link to their blog.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- List these rules in your post (or link to the official post.)
- Post a comment here to let the powers-that-be know you’ve been nominated.
#1 nomination came from Donna at No-Madder Nomadder. Take time to check out her blog – it is full of love, joy, whimsy, and discovery.
Donna’s 11 questions for me to answer:
- What brought you to WordPress? I read a “you can create a blog in 10 minutes post” followed the instructions which suggested to use WordPress and a year later, here I am!
- What is your favorite color and why? Sky blue – it is dreamy, it reminds me of infinity, and I love it so much I painted our front door the same color. It’s quirky too!
- Where is your favorite place you have traveled? Negril, Jamaica. do you have a picture? Yes, in fact, I just wrote a blog post about it yesterday – right here.
- What is your earth sign? Sagittarius
- Who is your favorite poet? Percy Bysshe Shelley
- What do you do for fun? Learn new things – especially fond of photography and blogging.
- Pink Floyd or Twenty One Pilots? Pink Floyd
- Can you live without your social media for 7 days? Yes, if I’m in Jamaica on vacation.
- Are you happy? Yes, is there any other way to live?
- Where are you going? Places I’ve not yet discovered, and back to our home where everything matters the most to me.
- What is one thing you wish you could change? I’d wish the onset of dementia never happened.
#2 nomination was nominated by Jane at Planet-Dom – Take time to check out her blog – she was a Spice Girl for 12 years, and, her site is full of adventures with Dom and Autism, and so much more.
Jane’s questions for me were:
- What is your favorite comedy sketch? Bob Nelson Hillarious Football Routine
- What is your favorite quote? Oh, my, that’s tough…I love quotes. As a proud parent, I’d say, this quote is one of my favorites: “The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” – Denis Waitley
- Describe yourself in five words: Learner, Deliberative, Dreamer, Responsible, Quirky
- What is the scariest/most extreme thing you’ve ever done? Public speaking, and writing a blog.
- What wrongs would you put right if you were invisible for the day? All the mean words I’ve said to people, especially those dear to me.
- Town or country? Country – but I love to visit towns – Chicago is one of my favorite places to visit.
- What’s on your bucket list? Continue learning new things until the day I die.
- What is your biggest achievement? My (our) daughters and a strong marriage.
- If you were able to travel anywhere in the world, how would you spend your perfect day? A place I haven’t thought of to visit yet, with my family by my side, my camera in hand and probably an interpreter.
- What would your dream job be? Oh, my gosh, this is one of my boss’s favorite interview questions – I (we) ask it all the time, and I never have a perfect answer if I’d ask myself. Lately, though, I think my answer would be an author or a world traveler.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? It has always involved a leaky bladder of sorts…
My 11 Liebster Award Nominees are:
This blog is almost ready to be discovered by the blogging world…it’s going to be amazing! https://questioningsprout.com/
Questions for my Nominees:
- If you were forced to run out of the house right now and could only grab 2 things, what would you grab?
- If you were on the board of WordPress what would your top 2 suggestions of ‘change this now’ be?
- What was happening the moment you last laughed until you cried?
- Imagine that you’ve been asked to give a speech about your life story, you don’t know who is in the crowd, you’re standing at the podium waiting for the curtains to open, they open up and you look out at the audience and see the perfect crowd – what age group would they be and why? 1-9 year-olds; 10-17-year-olds; 18-30-year-olds; 31-60-year-olds; 61-100-year-olds.
- If you couldn’t write blogs, what would you choose to do to express your creativity?
- If you could bottle up your favorite moment forever, what moment would it be?
- If you were given the opportunity to meet the creator of a techno-device that you used to use, (one that now has been replaced with a new and improved version), what creator and device would it be?
- Do you learn more from regrets or opportunities?
- What are your top 2 tips for a person thinking about starting a blog?
- Are you at a point in your blogging life that you’ve found your voice?
- Stand in the middle of the room you’re in right now, close your eyes, spin around 3 times. Steady yourself, open your eyes, describe the first item you see in 6 words (only 6 words)!